– Single +5V Supply
– Low Power BiCMOS
– Driver/Receiver Enable for Multi-Drop Configurations
– Half-Duplex Versions Available
– Data rate: 5 Mbps
– ESD Specifications
±15kV IEC61000-4-2 Air Discharge
±8kV Human Body Model
- The MAX485 is a half-duplex transceiver that meets the specifications of RS-485 and RS-422. Its BiCMOS design allows low power operation without sacrificing performance.
- The MAX485 meets the requirements of the RS-485 and RS-422 protocols up to 5Mbps underload.
- The ESD tolerance is more than ±8kV for both Human Body Model and ±15kV for IEC61000-4-2 Air Discharge Method on this device.