3-TERMINAL 100mA POSITIVE ADJUSTABLE REGULATOR
– Wide Operating Current of 400µA to 10mA for 2.5V
– Wide Operating Current of 600µA to 10mA for 5.0V
– Guaranteed Temperature Stability
– Fast Turn-on
– Easily Trimmed for Minimum Temperature Drift
– Available in TO-92 and SOP-8 Packages
- The LM336-2.5/5.0 integrated circuits are precision 2.5V and 5.0V shunt regulator diodes. Monolithic IC LM336-2.5 voltage references operate as a low temperature coefficient 2.5V Zener with 0.2Ω dynamic impedance.
- Monolithic IC LM336-5.0 voltage references operate as a low temperature coefficient 5V Zener with 0.6Ω dynamic impedance. A third terminal on the LM336 allows the reference voltage and temperature coefficient to be trimmed easily.
- The LM336 series is useful as a precision low voltage reference for digital voltmeters, power supplies or op amp circuitry.
- The 2.5V and 5.0V make it convenient to obtain a stable reference from low voltage supplies. Further, since the LM336-2.5/5.0 operates as a shunt regulator, it can be used as either a positive or negative voltage reference.
- The LM336 is rated for operation over a 0°C to 70°C temperature range. See the connection diagrams for available packages.