Honeywell HSCDANN150PGAA5 Sensor Introduction
Honeywell HSCDANN150PGAA5 Sensor High Accuracy Silicon Ceramic (HSC) Series is a piezoresistive silicon pressure sensor offering a ratiometric analog or digital output for reading pressure over the specified full scale pressure span and temperature range. The HSC Series is fully calibrated and temperature compensated for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects, and nonlinearity using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). Calibrated output values for pressure are updated at approximately 1 kHz for analog and 2 kHz for digital.
The HSC Series is calibrated over the temperature range of 0 °C to 50 °C [32 °F to 122 °F]. The sensor is characterized for operation from a single power supply of either 3.3 Vdc or 5.0 Vdc. These sensors measure absolute, gage, or differential pressures. The absolute versions have an internal vacuum reference and an output value proportional to absolute pressure. Gage versions are referenced to atmospheric pressure and provide an output proportional to pressure variations from atmosphere. Differential versions allow measurement of pressure between the two pressure ports.
Pressure sensors are intended for use with non-corrosive, non-ionic gases, such as air and other dry gases. Available options extend the performance of these sensors to non-corrosive, non-ionic liquids for pressure ranges above 40 mbar | 4 kPa | 20 inH2O. All products are designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards.
- Industry-leading accuracy
Extremely tight accuracy of ±0.25 %FSS BFSL (Full Scale Span Best Fit Straight Line) reduces software needed to correct system inaccuracies, minimizing system
- Avoids additional customer calibration.
- Helps to improve system efficiency.
- Often simplifies software development.
- High burst pressures
- Promotes system reliability and reduces potential system downtime.
- Can simplify the design process.
- High working pressure ranges.
- Allows ultra-low pressure sensors to be used continuously well above the calibrated pressure range.
- Industry-leading flexibility
Modular, flexible design with many package styles (with the same industry leading stability), pressure ports, and options simplify integration into the device
- Wide variety of pressure ranges.
- From ±1.6 mbar to ±10 bar | ±160 Pa to ±1 MPa | ±0.5 inH2O to 150 psi provide support for many unique applications.
- Meets IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020D.1 Moisture Sensitivity Level 1 requirements
- Allows the customer to avoid the thermal and mechanical damage during solder reflow attachment and/or repair that lesser rated products would incur.
- Allows unlimited floor life when stored as specified (<30 ºC/85 %RH), simplifying storage and reducing scrap.
- Never requires lengthy bakes prior to reflow.
- Stable and usable shortly after reflow process allows for lean manufacturing.
- OPTIONAL Internal diagnostic functions.
- May reduce the need for redundant sensors in the system.
- Detects most internal failures including burst sensors.
- Energy efficient
Extremely low power consumption (less than 10 mW, typ.):
- Reduces system power requirements.
- Enables extended battery life.
- Optional sleep mode available upon special request.
- Output: ratio metric analog; I2C- or SPI-compatible 14-bit digital output (min. 12-bit sensor resolution)
- Accelerates performance through reduced conversion requirements and the convenience of direct interface to microprocessors.
- Small size
- Miniature 10 mm x 10 mm [0.39 in x 0.39 in] package is very small when compared to many board mount pressure sensors:
- Occupies less area on the PCB.
- Typically allows for easy placement on crowded PCBs or in small devices.
- REACH and RoHS compliant.
- Liquid media option.
- Provides robustness in environments with condensing humidity.
- Compatible with a variety of non-ionic fluids.
- Available for pressure ranges above 40 mbar | 4 kPa | 20 inH20.