Current Sensor WCS2720 Introduction
Current Sensor WCS2720 provides economical and precise solution for both DC and AC current sensing in industrial, commercial and communications systems. The unique package allows for easy implementation by the customer. Typical applications include motor control, load detection and management, over-current fault detection and any intelligent power management system etc…
The WCS2720 consists of a precise, low-temperature drift linear hall sensor IC with temperature compensation circuit and a current path with 0.5 mΩ typical internal conductor resistance. This extremely low resistance can effectively reduce power loss, operating temperature and increase the reliability greatly. Applied current flowing through this conduction path generates a magnetic field which is sensed by the integrated Hall IC and converted into a proportional voltage. The terminals of the conductive path are electrically isolated from the sensor leads. This allow the WCS2720 current sensor to be used in applications requiring electrical isolation without the use of opto-isolators or
other costly isolation techniques and make system more competitive in cost.
- Low noise analog signal path.
- 0.5 mΩ internal conductor resistance.
- Output voltage proportional to AC and DC current.
- Min. sensing current 0~20A at 5V voltage supply.
- High Sensitivity 65 mV/A.
- Wide operating voltage range 3.0~12 V.
- Low operating current 3mA.
- Nearly zero magnetic hysteresis.
- Ratiometric output from supply voltage.
- 23K Hz bandwidth.
- Isolation voltage 1000V.
Leave a Reply