Current Sensor WCS2702 Introduction
Current Sensor WCS2702 provides economical and precise solution for both DC and AC current sensing in industrial, commercial and communications systems. The unique package allows for easy implementation by the customer. Typical applications include motor control, load detection and management, over-current fault detection and any intelligent power management system etc…
The WCS2702 consists of a precise, low-temperature drift linear hall sensor IC with temperature compensation circuit and a current path with 98 mΩ typical internal conductor resistance. This extremely low resistance can effectively reduce power loss, operating temperature and increase the reliability greatly. Applied current flowing through this conduction path generates a magnetic field which is sensed by the integrated Hall IC and converted into a proportional voltage.
The terminals of the conductive path are electrically isolated from the sensor leads. This allow the WCS2702 current sensor to be used in applications requiring electrical isolation without the use of opto-isolators or other costly isolation techniques and make system more competitive in cost.
- Low noise analog signal path.
- 98 mΩ internal conductor resistance.
- Output voltage proportional to AC and DC current.
- Min. sensing current 0~2.0A at 5V voltage supply.
- High Sensitivity 1.0 mV/mA.
- Wide operating voltage range 3.0~12 V.
- Low operating current 3mA.
- Nearly zero magnetic hysteresis.
- Ratio metric output from supply voltage.
- 10K Hz bandwidth.
- Isolation voltage 1000V.
Leave a Reply